16-Year-Old Charged Over London Acid Attack Spree
Politics 

16-Year-Old Charged Over London Acid Attack Spree

ACID ATTACK RAP – Boy, 16, is charged with 15 offences after five people injured in 90-minute acid attack spree in East London – Charges against the teen include grievous bodily harm. A teen boy has been charged over a spate of acid attacks across London. The 16-year-old now faces a string of charges for 15 offences including robbery, grievous bodily harm with intent and possession of an item to discharge a noxious substance. The charges come after five acid attacks took place in less than 90 minutes in London on Thursday night, the Metropolitan Police said.

A 15-year-old was previously quizzed by cops on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and robbery and was released on bail until a date in early August. Victims, who were all reportedly fast-food delivery drivers, were rushed to hospital after having the corrosive substance either thrown or sprayed in their faces. A 49-year-old man who lives nearby Windus Road in Stoke Newington said he saw one of the victims, who authorities say suffered “life-changing injuries”, clutching his face in pain after the attack. Speaking to The Sun Online, Samuel Leibowitz said the victim, who was brutally assaulted at 11.18pm in Cazenove Road, appeared to be in “agony.”

He added: “If you see somebody with a knife or a gun, you know what to look for. The problem (with acid attacks) is you can’t be prepared. This area has changed a lot.” The 16-year-old has been remanded in custody to appear before Stratford Youth Court on Monday, 17 July. Police said that there were five victims of the attacks in east and north London. It has been reported that some of the victims were food delivery drivers. One of the victims was left with what police called “life-changing” injuries, and officers are waiting to hear about the condition of one of the five people attacked.

The other three victims did not suffer injuries described as life-threatening or life-changing. Harrowing footage has emerged on social media showing one victim having water poured over his head and into his eyes by emergency workers. The spate of acid attacks has seen ministers promise to introduce strict new laws to curb the horrific method. The number of acid attacks in London alone has shot up by 65 per cent last year. One person every 20 hours is met with the cruel method. The investigation into five separate attacks remains ongoing.

UK Sun: Boy, 16, is charged with 15 offences after five people injured in 90-minute acid attack spree in East London
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4021402/teenage-boy-16-charged-over-five-acid-attacks-in-less-than-90-minutes-in-london/

Share this article:

Related posts